words you can live by
Throughout my life I had a series of collections. Stickers was my first formal collection, collecting thousands of the oddest stickers in a “sticker book,” which was really just a fancy schmancy name for wide-ruled paper stapled together with the frayed edges from ripping the pages from a spare notebook still attached and flapping in the wind. Then came bears…anything bears. When I reached high school I finally parted with that collection, keeping only the bear I received on my 13th birthday from my Momma and “Bride & Groom Bear” from the Home Decorators collection I’d saved all my pennies to purchase.
Then came quotes. Lots and lots upon oodles of quotes. I would rewrite them tirelessly into a notebook, reflecting on them throughout the years and returning to them when I needed an emotional lift.
I don’t need an emotional lift right now — my emotions are definitely at an all-time high knowing I’m merely days away from marrying the man who makes my heart do a jiggle and a wiggle and a boomboomboom.
- Taking joy in life is a woman’s best cosmetic – Rosalind Russell
- Virtue shows quite as well in rags and patches as she does in purple and fine linen. – Charles Dickens
- Blessed are those who give without remembering and take without forgetting.
- From a little spark may burst a mighty flame. – Dante
- Go often to the house of your friend, for weeds choke up the unused path.
- Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have.
- Keep dreaming, keep believing, keep a rainbow in your heart!
- Don’t go through life, grow through life. – Eric Butterworth
- You don’t get harmony when everybody sings the same note. – Doug Floyd
And my personal favorite:
When you get to the edge of all the light that you know
and are about to step off into darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to land on, or you will be taught to fly.
– Barbara J. Winter
Let’s up the anty…what’s YOUR favorite quote? Inspire me!
love (being four days away from a legal name change),